What Is Kiwanis?
Founded in 1915, Kiwanis International is a global organization of volunteers dedicated to changing the world one child and one community at a time. Kiwanis and its youth-oriented Service Leadership Programs serve communities in more than 80 countries and geographic areas.
The Kiwanis Club of Marshfield Massachusetts, achieves what one person cannot accomplish alone. And along the way, club members share fun, fellowship and a passion for service.
For over 75 years Marshfield Kiwanis has supported the youth, elderly, veterans, and those in need from our community. During the past year, our fundraisers have helped us to accomplish the following.
2016/2017 Donations = $53,241.00. This is what we do...
• $15,000.00 - Marshfield High School scholarships.
• $4,830.00 - Delivered 130 Thanksgiving meals to families in need.
• $7,791.00 - Addiction awareness programs (Marshfield FACTS, Drug Story Theater, The PhotoVoice Project, Brain Drain).
• $5,000.00 - Annual donation to Marshfield Boys and Girls Club.
• $2,500.00 - Annual donation to Marshfield Community Christmas.
• $3,812.00 - Marshfield Senior Citizen Christmas party.
• $1,800.00 - Marshfield Food Pantry.
• $3,000.00 - Donations to local families needing assistance.
• $2,500.00 - Marshfield YWCA summer camp for 12 children.
• $2,250.00 - Magical Moon Foundation.
• $3,105.00 - Marshfield High School Key Club conventions.
• $1,459.00 - Marshfield Aktion Club.
• $1,000.00 - Road to Responsibility van replacement.
• $1,500.00 - Pan Mass Challenge.
• $2,333.00 - Harbor Park plants and maintenance.
• $1,000.00 - Milton Kiwanis.
• $300.00 - Marshfield VFW.
• $2,040.00 - Miscellaneous donations.
• In addition, we held free community events including: Santa At Town Pier, Kiwanis Day at Harbor Park, and JAWS on The Harbor.
Everyday, Kiwanians are performing numerous projects to help our community.
Most people are aware of the Kiwanis Club, but few know what the organization actually does.
Kiwanis was founded in Detroit in 1915 mostly as a business social and networking club. But by 1920, its focus was squarely on serving children, especially needy ones. That has continued to be Kiwanis’ focus. Initially, Kiwanis worked extensively with orphans and orphanages and focused on youth nutritional and medical needs, as well as hosting Christmas gift giveaways. Today, Kiwanis and its volunteers raise $100 million annually for projects for children worldwide.
Kiwanis helps kids around the world. Local clubs look out for our communities and the international organization takes on large-scale challenges, such as fighting disease and poverty. We are generous with our time. We are creative with our ideas. We are passionate about making a difference. And we have fun along the way.
Interested In These Efforts?
You are welcome to join us in making a difference in our community.
Contact Us about becoming a member!
Kiwanis Club of Marshfield MA 02050
Serving the community since 1938